Sunday, December 23, 2012

Santa's Pet Day

One of the worst days for a Mall Santa is Pet Day.  This a day when Pet Owners get to bring Fluffy, Duke, and little FiFi to get a picture with Santa.

It is a joyous day for the pet owners, but not Santa.

These Animals, for the most part, want to be there less than Santa does.

They squirm, fidget, and lick Santa.

The worst animals will try to crawl up you and get in your beard.

I have been humped, licked, and had Great Danes try to sit on my lap.

And the Bad breath.  Most of it smells like week old garbage.  It is tough to smile when you feel like you are going to vomit on the set.

My worst experience was with a pair of Ferrets. They would not stop wiggling back and forth.  They were Slinky's on steroids who have one objective:  your beard.  They bounced out of control in each of my hands until they got there.  Each of them got tangled in my beard. I was freaking out.  I was trying to get them off my face.  Their owner kept telling me they would calm down, which they didn't.  They headed for my hat.
These stinky rodents were more interested in creating chaos than taking a picture.  But we did it by getting help pinning them against my stomach.

When it was done, I was left with tiny scratch marks on my face, and an instant dislike for ferrets.

And of course the call of "next pet" came from the camera person.. fortunately for me it was a docile chihuahua.

Go Forth and Do Well

Shane


No comments:

Post a Comment